After wiring everything together I found that there was a problems with the motor shield, at first I couldn’t upload any code and then I released that the Led on the top wasn’t coming on. My first thought was that I’d sent too much current through the shield and that it was dead. After asking around, I was told that that similar things had happened to others, but it was a loose wire which was causing a short circuit. I tried to remember what was the order I put things together the day before, as I’m sure I could remember it working for some of that time. I could;t remember so I unscrewed everything, but kept the motors attached. As the shield started to work again and I was able to upload new sketches to the board I knew that it most be this.
After putting everything back in place, checking the power as I went along, to see if i could fault check the problem. It wasn’t Until the last thing I put on, which was the IR sensor did the problem continue. After checking the sensors, I found the fault to be on the power and ground wires crossing over.
The Culprit >>>>
The fix! I had a spare cable from another sensor, I just clipped of the wire and soldered them the wire onto the end of the clip. These are much better as you can unclip them at anytime and using heat shrink stops them from touching.